Tuesday, September 19, 2006

from Valle Adurni


"I'm in deep do at the school gate……'Do tell us why, dear Father' I hear you cry. Well, I've been very unreasonable, apparently. The application forms have just gone out for First Holy Communion 2007, and I have not just said that the children must attend the preparation sessions, but, (shock! horror!) they must come to Sunday Mass too!!!Reminds me of a woman I met long ago. She didn't practise her faith either, but she gave her reasons. 'Yeah, well, when I was young, religion was crammed down me froat. It didn't matter how ill I felt, or how tired; I had to get up and go to Mass every %&^^%* Christmas!'"
"Valle Adurni" s new blogdom and I expect will become very interesting, erudite and amusing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...