Saturday, September 01, 2007

Catholic Manliness


I have a friend who mocks Opus Dei, by talking about the OD manly stance; legs apart slightly, one hand with the thumb in the trouser pocket, the other with finger looped through a sports jacket slung casually over the shoulder, which he says is taught, I am not sure about that, but it does seem at times to be a bit ubiquitous.


I found this aticle in Crisis Magazine on Catholic Manliness, it is based on Pope John Paul's theology of the body and his understanding of the complimentarity of male and female. I am not entirely sure I agree with everything

No comments:

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...