Saturday, October 01, 2011

Circumdederunt



This is one of the latest of Petar's videos. I have really put it up for a brother priest, who wrote to me today telling me of his pain and disappointment. He carries a bitter Cross.
Circumdederunt me gemitus mortis, dolores inferni circumdederunt me : et in tribulatione mea invocavi Dominum, et exaudivit de templo sancto suo vocem meam. (Ps. 17: 2,3 ) Diligam te, Domine, fortitude mea: Dominus firmamentum meum, et refugium meum, et liberator meus. V. Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio et nunc et semper et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.
The sorrows of death surrounded me, the sorrow of hell encompassed me : and in my affliction I called upon the Lord, and He heard my voice from His holy Temple. (Ps. 17: 2,3 ) I will love Thee, o Lord, my strength : the Lord is my firmament, my refuge, and my deliverer. V. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

4 comments:

David O'Neill said...

Is this the Benedictine Abbey of St Joseph de Clairval at Flavigny in France? If so I have a friend who is a monk there. They us the OF for their communal Masses but most priests use the EF for their private Masses. A wonderful place for Ignatian retreats

Gigi said...

Petar's videos are beautiful; dramatic because they are purely reverent. I love the stark beauty of monasticism and the chant is glorious to listen to after the aural bombardment of a busy, hot Saturday in Brighton.
Obviously, priests talk to and lean on God when anxious or saddened; but I hope your brother-priest takes some comfort from your post, and from the prayers it will certainly generate. I know of two women; I would hesitate to call them friends; who have greatly distressed a lovely man who is a wonderful priest. I would like to offer the post for him as well; and I do include the women concerned in my prayers. Thank you for posting.

mikesview said...

Sounds like a worthy case for our prayers, especially in the month of October devotions.

Pablo the Mexican said...

I will have my grandchildren say a few Hail Marys for him at Mass this morning.

*

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...