Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Alison Davis - pray for her

At the the meeting of the Guild of the Blessed Titus Brandsma on Saturday I asked for prayers for Alison Davis, the leader of No Less Human, this morning Alison died. Pray for her.

Those who cared for her and knew her in recent years believe her be great saint, in that she wished conform her life to Cross of Christ, embracing it, loving it, finding meaning and hope in it - pray for her and for those who loved her, especially Colin Harte who is the picture with her on her last visit to her beloved Lourdes.
See John Smeaton


3 comments:

Our Lady of Good Success-pray for us. said...

Remember, O Lord, Thy servant, Alison, who has gone before us with the sign of faith and rest in the sleep of peace. To her, O Lord, and to all who rest in Christ, grant, we pray Thee, a place of refreshment, of light, and of peace. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.


"Sacrifice without love is pain.
Pain with love is sacrifice.
Pain without love is misery.
Love with pain is Purgatory.
Pain without love is Hell.
Love without pain is Heaven."
from 'War Time Prayer Book'.
Abp Sheen

Codgitator (Cadgertator) said...

Thank you for this. At the very least it has given me something true and lasting to relieve my mind of the torrent of papal lío which besets my soul. I have joined my worthless little prayers to your intention.

Long-Skirts said...

DE PROFUNDIS

Every Sacrament
I could...
Immersed my soul
In graces, good.

Every penance
That I uttered
In fear and trepidation
Shuddered.

Every child
I birthed in pain,
I offered Him
So souls would gain.

And now, my soul,
In night, won't cease,
For you, my prayers...
De Profundis.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...