DARE WE JOIN THE DOTS?
- Pope calls Chilean abuse victims spreaders of calumny and says no evidence/proof has been given him.
- Despite Cardinal O'Malley personally giving the Pope a letter offering evidence.
- Now it seems the CDF made a recommendation that Bishop Barros should be removed.
- The Pope personally removed from the CDF 3 priests concerned with investigating child abuse.
- .When Cdl Mueller asks the Pope for an explanation, he is told 'I am the Pope' and the audience ends.
- Scicluna, the CDF abuse prosecutor, had already been 'promoted' to be Archbishop of Malta
- Since the end of last year the Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors has been allowed to fall into abeyance.
- He has surrounded himself in the Council of 9 with those who have denied abuse like Cdl Maradiaga who described the abuse crisis as a 'Jewish media conspiracy' or more to the point Barros' defender and the Chilean Archbishop Emeritus of Santiago Francisco Javier Errázuriz Ossa, known locally as "the Sandbag" because of his failure to act on abuse.
- He has also honoured notorious coverers up of abuse like Cardinals Daneels and Mahoney, who seem to have been prominent in his election.
- During this Pontificate aberrant sexuality seems to be promoted.
- The report produced on the 'Gay Mafia' seems to be ignored.
- Accounts of his own handling of abuse in Buenos Aires seem to be mixed.
Pictures of yesterday's Papal audience: Reuters