Friday, July 08, 2016

Fr Lawrence Lew, OP on Photography and Beauty

There are a couple of rather nice short video by Fr Lawrence Lew OP, he was the photographer at the Sacra Liturgia conference. There is something very Thomistic about his approach to beauty, whether it is in the liturgy or the life of his community or in ecclesiastical subjects like stain glass.

The re-enchantment of the liturgy, and the rediscovery of beauty is ultimately about encountering God. Fr Lew speaks rather simply in these videos but says some rather profound things.    
from Blackfriars Media on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Pelerin said...

The lack of comments here may be due to the fact that the videos don't seem to work in the link given. Not on my computer anyway.

G. Thomas Fitzpatrick said...

I love Father Lawrence! I remember when he was ordained. I think his particular charism in photography, video, and audio recording and maintaining an internet presence in various fora can be, no, IS, a very important part of the New Evangelization, as the Church finds new ways to bring Christ to the people of the world. Saint Dominic would be proud!

The video worked fine on my iPhone.

Pelerin said...

I see that the films are on something called Vimeo which I don't appear to have. Must investigate further.

G. Thomas Fitzpatrick said...

I love Father Lawrence! I remember when he was ordained. I think his particular charism in photography, video, and audio recording and maintaining an internet presence in various fora can be, no, IS, a very important part of the New Evangelization, as the Church finds new ways to bring Christ to the people of the world. Saint Dominic would be proud!

The video worked fine on my iPhone.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...