Friday, February 18, 2011

Face of the New Missal


The CTS new has a picture of the cover of the New Missal, it seems to have a touch of the Gothicke to me but read the CTS's description.

I just hope the binding is good and strong, the old Collins Missal became tatty very quickly. I hope the cords on the spine are not just decorative but functional and indicate the Misal will tolerate be dropped and carried to the chair etc and suffer all the abuse a liturgical book should suffer, including getting a splash or two of Holy Water without the pages cockling. A liturgical book is a tool and should be robust enough to stand up to wear and tear.
Maybe some parish priest might get his servers to road test the binding!

Would it be safe to use the pages of the old translations I have done with for the Paschal Fire? It just seems strange to think I will not be using the prayers I have recited all my priestly life after September.

2 comments:

Peter H said...

You'll get used to it.
Mind-forged manacles and all that.
You have nothing to lose but your chains to the past.

gemoftheocean said...

With any luck the ribbons won't fall apart within 3 months either.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...