Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Pentecost Novena Begins Tomorrorrow

Alright, I know it isn't quite, at least in this sceptred isle, unless of course you follow, in this case, the scripturally more accurate older calendar.

We have a Ususus Antiquior Missa Cantata at 7pm here.

I am beginning a Pentecost Novena, the mother of all Novenas. The nine days between Ascension Day and Pentecost are the original model for all Novenas, I met the son of one of our recussant families recently they gave up the faith after years of persecution just as things were becoming easier in the early 19th century, it is my whim, and God's will, he should be a Catholic.
I am also praying for a few personal and parish things.

Ora Pro Invicem
If you want to enter an intention in the combox before the end of tomorrow let us pray for one another's intentions, the can be Anonymous but the combox will close beforse Compline tomorrow and I expect to hear on a post Pentecost post whether intention have been answered, or not.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love.
V. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created.
R. And You shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen.



or in the Church's tongue
Veni, Sancte Spiritus, reple tuorum corda fidelium: et tui amoris in eis ignem accende.

V. Emitte Spiritum tuum, et creabuntur.
R. Et renovabis faciem terrae.

Oremus. Deus, qui corda fidelium Sancti Spiritus illustratione docuisti: da nobis in eodem Spiritu recta sapere; et de eius semper consolatione gaudere. Per Christum Dominum nostrum.

Amen.

14 comments:

The Raven (C. Corax) said...

Please pray fir the repose of the soul of my grandmother, Doreen, who died on 19th May.

Martin said...

For my special intention and for yours.

Alexander Lucie-Smith said...

You know what my intention is..... all prayers for this intention gratefully received.

bellapr said...

Hi Father ty so much for the opportunity to make a petition through your blog. First and most I beg you to pray for the unborn victims of abortion, their mother and spevially the medical personel that cooperates and condomes them. Also appreciate your prayer for me that the Lord give me wisdom to identify his will, his purpose for me and that I have the courage to fulfill it

MM said...

Plz pray for the homecoming of my bro. Michael back to the Church as well as my sisters Joan & Mary back to the sacraments and for myself that I may find a good husband like St. Joseph and for a better job that is stable,stress-free that does not make me more sinful and where I can find joy, thank you Fr.

Anonymous said...

for young vocations to the priesthood in the archdiocese of liverpool!


OPI

aaron s-c said...

Thank-you for this opportunity Father. To be "full of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 7:55) as was my Confirmation Saint, Stephen... that would be my particular request.

Thank-you again Fr.

Ben Whitworth said...

Please pray for a young man who is dangerously ill in hospital. His name is Dominic.

Anonymous said...

I pray that I have the resources necessary to tie up my loose ends and go try out my vocation. I pray that I have the grace of perserverance while there. I pray for a true spirit of detachment from the world before I go. I pray for the re/conversion of my parents and siblings to the traditional practice of the faith.

michael said...

Fr,
Please pray for me that: I may have a complete change of heart in the Lord and do His Will; whatever the cost! Happy Feast Day!

Thank and God Bless!

Michael.
Jarra

Anonymous said...

For Magdalena and Bohdan; for the graces needed for the right resolution of a monstrously difficult situation.

For me! (a private intention)

For Paul, for graces needed.

Paulinus said...

A special intention for my wife

Anita Moore said...

Please pray for the restoration of the usus antiquior in the city of Boise, Idaho, U.S.A. Thank you!

Sadie Vacantist said...

Special private intention plus the hope that a non-catholic couple I know will be able to conceive a child according to God's law.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...