Check out the new Vatican Website, I love the old news clips and the 1910 Dante's Inferno
Link
Film 1 - Pope Leo XIII 1896 (dim. 9Mb)
Film 2 - Pope Pius XI inaugurates Vatican Radio short wave station (dim. 20 Mb)
Film 3 - Pastor Angelicus - XXV episcopal anniversary of Pope Pius XII (dim. 50 Mb)
Film 4 - Pope Pius XII visits royal family of Italy (dim. 23 Mb)
Film 5 - Vatican Council II 11 October 1962 (dim. 18Mb)
Film 6 - Vatican Council II (dim. 22 Mb)
Film 7 - Inferno (Dante) historic film 1911 (dim. 18Mb)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Lord’s descent into the underworld
At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...
-
Have a look at this post , and this one Yesterday I received an email saying: I need to tell you that your comments have caused widesprea...
-
A French newspaper has reported Pope Francis, once Benedict dies, will abrogate Summorum Pontificum and handover Old Rite's celebrat...
-
After recent happenings I have been thinking I ought to stop blogging. I do not think I have done anything wrong but if journalists, like ...
2 comments:
Can someone confirm something for me? On the film of Pope Leo XIII, in the opening scene, is the person standing on the right of the screen (on the Pope's left) the Servant of God, Rafael Merry del Val ~ 'future' Cardinal & Secretary of State to St. Pius X? I know, on 31.12.1891, Leo appointed him a Cameriere Segreto Partecipante, one of the four Private chamberlains in service close to the person of the Pope; to me it looks incredibly like him.
The thing that bugs me a little about these clips; whilst it is great to have film, however brief, of Pope Leo XIII and Pope Pius XI, why on earth did no one think to film the Sainted Pope in between the two?! It would be absolutely wonderful to see a film of the Glorious St. Pius X. We can only hope that there is some footage tucked away somewhere.
Oh dear! How mortifying to see Pope Leo XIII blessing with his legs crossed. Some rubrical breach there, I fear.
Post a Comment