Thursday, July 08, 2010

Catholic Book Reviews

A three or four people have sent me books to read over or even review here, I've not done it. My apologies if you are one of them.
I feel even more embarassed that Fr Tim has done a review of a pamphlet by Dr Pravin Thevathasan on  abortion and mental health. Dr Pravin is now an eminent psychyatrist, I knew him when had just qualified.

I am pleased to report a new blog has appeared Catholic Book Reviews, it deals mainly with CTS books. |One of the things I miss about Tablet is its book reviews, maybe its scope could be broadened.

1 comment:

Andrew Plasom-Scott said...

Thanks for the plug, Father: it has generated many visits.

I will consider broadening the scope if I get time, but I do feel I owe it to the CTS to review at least a tithe of the review copies they have sent me...

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...