Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tagged


I've been tagged by Mac.

1. Do you attend the Traditional Latin Mass or the Novus Ordo?
I practically always attend the “Ordinary Usage”, it is what I celebrate, but I do love High Mass in the “Extra-Ordinary Usage”, especially with a good choir and preacher.

2. If you attend the TLM, how far do you drive to get there?
I go downstairs to my Church or take the train to London for High Mass.

3. If you had to apply a Catholic label to yourself, what would it be?
Catholic Priest of the Latin (Roman) Rite

4. Are you a comment junkie?
No

5. Do you go back to read the comments on the blogs you’ve commented on?
Yes

6. Have you ever left an anonymous comment on another blog?
Very rarely, "anonymous" usually denotes “green ink”

7. Which blogroll would you most like to be on?

8. Which blog is the first one you check?
Mine! And then Zenit

9. Have you met any other bloggers in person?
Mac, Fr Tim, Fr John Boyle, Fr Z, Fr Schoffield, Undercroft, Fr Sean Finegan, now defunct

10. What are you reading?
Fortescue and O’Connell, I want to be able to offer both Usages

Bonus Question!
Has your site been banned by Spirit of Vatican II?
Is this another blogger? I want the letter of the Council not poltergeist!
Rather than tag anyone else, feel free to consider yourself tagged, if you want.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you think Fr we're in danger of alling into 2 camps..i mean i'm just a normal Catholic...

Anonymous said...

i meant falling..

Fr Ray Blake said...

Mrs P.,
I presume you mean over the TLM. At the moment I think only a small minority want it but I do not think anything is lost by generosity.
If there are divisions we have to heal them, I think that is what being a Christian is about, but we should be terrified of being for John xxiii or Paul vi, we have to all be for Christ!

Anagnostis said...

I had to return the compliment, Father...

Mulier Fortis said...

I don't see that there is any need for a "division" to be created - unless people keep harping on about how "divisive" this is.

I go to both forms. I recognise that there is only one Latin Rite (as Pope Benedict said.) I am delighted that I have the choice (according to my mood) of which form I attend... but I believe that it is only fair and just that the options should be available.

Before the Motu Proprio came out, most people had no choice: it was the Ordinary Form like it or lump it. Funny how the liberal types were liberal about everything except liberalising the form of Mass...

BTW, Father, I liked your answers!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...