Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cardinal Burke in London

Cardinal Raymond Burke, Prefect of the Apostolic will be speaking in London at the Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice Conference.

I find this quite interesting as Pro Ecclesia has so often been presented as being somewhat fringe.

Following a comment by Daphne McLeod I would add that the concerns of Pro Ecclesia such as Catholic Education and teaching have also been presented as being somewhat fringe, it is very good to see that the Prefect does not consider that to be so!

5 comments:

Daphne McLeod said...

I don't understand what you mean by 'fringe' Father. "Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice" have thousands of supporters, priests as well as lay, all faithful Catholics who are concerned about the terminal decline of the Church in this country - as all faithful Catholics should be.
Daphne Mcleod

Fr Ray Blake said...

Daphne,
I said, "I find this quite interesting as Pro Ecclesia has so often been presented as being somewhat fringe."

I would emphasise "presented as being...", I perhaps also should have said that Pro Ecclesia's concerns have also been treated as fringe concerns.
I congratulate you on the initiative to invite His Emminence and on his acceptance.
I also hope that more priests and bishops signify their support for Pro Ecclesia and its aims by both attending this meeting and joining.

I'll add something

Adulio said...

The only people who would find Pro Ecclesia a "fringe" group are Eccleston Square. Daphne has been flying the flag for Catholic orthodoxy for many years now, long before the whole traddy blogsphere phenomenon.

georgem said...

I think the whole page the link brings up is full of interesting reading.

Peter said...

Perhaps he will take the chance to comment on events in Thiberville in Normandy. It is hard to see why Bishop Nourrichard has not received a few words of caution.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...