Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mass on Saturday: let me know

If you are a priest or deacon and are coming and wish to sit in choir, which I hope all clergy will, during Mass which is at 12 noon, let me know, just so we can arrange the seating, and our MC can look up the rubrics for the incensation of a lay Archimandrite who is also an Exarch Cardinal Patriarch in Petto, who is excommunicated latae sententiae, according to the Oriental Code but not of  the Latin Code. He will know of course but in the Divine Liturgy nothing should be left to chance.

Since my last post on this The Revd. James Bradley, he who intoned the Gospel at the opening of WYD, has told me he is coming to sing 1st Deacon, I am still looking for a 2nd one, or even a proper Accolyte to sing the Epistle - anything for me to get out of doing it in front of all those musicians and Latinists.

7 comments:

pelerin said...

Will we be able to put questions to Mgr Burnham after his talk?

Fr Ray Blake said...

I am sure you can, you will certainly be able to meet to Mgr.

Anonymous said...

There is no Latae Sententiae in the Eastern Code. The point of complications is well taken. Wish I could be there but I cannot swimm.

Mike Forbes+
Rochester, Minnesota

Anonymous said...

Regret I cannot be there, due to supplying. Hope all goes well. Best wishes

JARay said...

I would love to be there too. I could even fit in with your request for a proper Acolyte to sing the Epistle but I'm not due to arrive in England until June of next year. Hopefully I will actually make it then. I had to cancel this year due to illness.

Gigi said...

Pelerin just asked my question! Should prove to be both a joyous and informative occasion.

Gigi said...

Darnation - I hoped we'd have a lovely sunny day for this and here it is. My "I can do all this myself" enthusiasm has resulted in an exploded wall socket: please include absent and hapless DIYers in your prayers. I have no idea what the Latin is for DIY. Have a lovely afternoon.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...