Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mass numbers will down today


Today is the London to Brighton cycle ride, those taking part cycle through the centre of the city, it means that people who come from outside of the parish simple can't cross the city for long stretches of time and the buses grind to a crawl.
Well at least they have clothes on, a couple of weeks ago had we had a naked bike ride - one of my parishioners walked into a lamppost - I hope it was as a result of having their eyes downcast.
The indecent exposure laws are obviously not enforced in our city.

5 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Flip me! Custody of the eyes must be very difficult in Brighton! Sorry but walked into a lamp post! rotflol !!

nickbris said...

Right on Father Ray,THEY will not be happy until this country is like China was before the ENLIGHTENMENT.

The GREEN VEGGIES will regress us all.

According to my Diary Vegetarian is an old Indian word for Lousy Hunter.

Dilly said...

They printed pictures of the nude bike race in the papers today. It fair put me off my cornflakes. I can't imagine custody of the eyes would be a big effort in those circumstances.

gemoftheocean said...

Nickbris: Rotfl! re: the "lousy hunter."

Poor Fr. Blake. How did your numbers turn out? [BTW, "Happy Father's Day" to you![

George said...

"Vegetarian is an old Indian word for Lousy Hunter".

That's really funny!!!! Good one for my Monday morning Nickbris - thanks!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...