Saturday, June 06, 2009

Petition for an Octave of Pentecost


I am a little skeptical about e-petitions, I have never done it before, but let's have ago.


I want the Holy Father to restore or re-introduce the Octave of Pentecost


There are many arguments in favour of this, ranging from the ranging from the hermeneutic of continuity of an ancient Tradition, to the highlighting of the "birthday" of the Church, there are good theological, catechetical and even ecumenical reasons too.


If you have a blog please copy this link.
Restore the Octave of Pentecost
For people outside of the United Kingdom just leave county tag empty

8 comments:

carl said...

Fr Ray, how can we Yanks to join in? It seems to be geared toward allowing only Britons to sign the petition.

Fr Ray Blake said...

Carl,I'll check

Marco de Puna said...

Fr Ray, can you add other countries and make this "universally catholic"? I think your petition is a wonderful idea and many people from countries other than the UK would sign it.

Vox Cantoris said...

Hello Father Ray,

Here via the New Liturgical Movement. I could not agree more and can we add Septuagisma to it as well?

Father G said...

Father Blake,
A wonderful idea...
As I celebrate the TLM exclusively, I already observe the octave annually but I have gladly signed the petition.

God blessing on your endeavor...

Anonymous said...

I'd subscribe, if there were more than Britains Counties. Im yust from Austria (others would probably sign too)

Michael

Fr Ray Blake said...

Michael, subscribe, but leave the county slot empty, as other people from the rest of Europe have.

Fr. Durham said...

For most people, TLM means the 'rite' of 1962 -- Of course, there is an Octave of Pentecost, but how many other octaves were suppressed? Let us petition the Holy Father to restore all the suppressed octaves, even in the usus not-so antiquior...
A blessed Octave of Corpus Christi to all your readers !

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...