Saturday, March 01, 2008

Fr Zee

There is a bit in the Catholic Herald on Fr Z, the arch-Catholic Blogger now I claim credit for this interview. Well I handed the phone to him when he was having breakfast in my kitchen when the editor in chief rang to arrange an interview, but still...


"I feel that I have an obligation to comment now that I'm one of the bigger ones and people are starting to turn to me quickly," he says. "I'm one of the first blogs people go to when something happens and as long as I can have something useful to contribute I feel the responsibility to ante up." But he tries to limit himself from spending too much time at the computer so that he can live "a regular priestly life".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well call me English or biased but I've always found your good self & Fr Tim Finigan more approachable..& of course Fr Nicholas S & Fr John B & a few others.

Fr Z is rather beyond me! But God bless him all the same!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Father, on your part in the interview. For what it's worth, I find that, because you're all on the same theological, liturgical and ecclesiological wavelength, you're all a pleasure to read every day. Thank you for all that you do for the Church and your readers.

Anonymous said...

Not only Catholics read Fr Z, he is usually a breath of fresh air and has great common sense. Long may he continue.

Dr. Peter H. Wright said...

Good to see Fr. Z in the Catholic Herald.

Now everyone can put a face to the name.

I think he enjoyed his visit to England, and I know he liked the priests whom he met.

Long live his blog.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...