Thursday, August 06, 2009

Ches tagged me


I normally hate these things, or I don't have time to do them, but Ches, Mr Bond, hasn't asked before and as it is reasonably simple: 7 things I like, or give pleasure. Here goes:


  1. High Mass

  2. Good food with good company

  3. 17th/18th century Opera well performed (a connection with 1.? Probably!)

  4. Walking the streets of a foreign city with a friend

  5. Talking to people who have discovered God loves them

  6. Watching a real craftsmen at work, even the waitress in the local Chinese Reastuarant boning a fish/ handling something beautifully made- anything a lute, a vestment, an axe

  7. Seeing kindness and tenderness.

The next part is naming 7 people, to do this themselves, well you can either do it on your own blog or post 7 things in the combox. If you criticise anyone's you won't be published.

8 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

In no particular order:

1 That moment which comes every now and then when you know, you just know, there is a God.

2 Family.

3 Doing your best for your family.

4 Laughter - and making others laugh.

5 Visiting Christian Blogs and writing Christian Blogs.

6 Gregorian Chants. I listen to the same CD over and again when waiting for someone in the car.

7 Cheese. Especially blue vein cheese.

Jack. said...

1.God (obviously)

2.Missa Canta (TLM)

3. Opera

4. Good Church Architecture

4. Summa Theologica

6. Summa Contra Gentiles

7. Second Fr's Six - Good Craftsmen.

Patrick Sheridan said...

I. High Mass
II. The Lord of the Rings.
III. Glendalough.
IV. The Latin Language.
V. Sausage & Mash (with mushrooms, onion gravy, and a pint of Murphy's)
VI. Walking my dogs in the hills.
VII. Reading (in general).

gemoftheocean said...

1. Good conversation
2. Dogs
3. The sound of rain outside when I'm inside and warm.
4. Musical theatre. The real deal that can stand on its own without pussy cats, falling chandeliers, or helicopters.
5. Books
6. Travel
7. sports

me said...

I like your number five as well.

"Talking to people who have discovered God loves them"

I can't think of seven at the moment,it's too early in the day.However,a cup of tea would be high up the list.I'm off to have one now!

Crux Fidelis said...

Not in any order of preference:

1 Compline at Nunraw Abbey

2 Mass at dawn at Nunraw Abbey

3 Asparagus

4 JS Bach's St Matthew Passion

5 Being with my mother, my sisters and my nieces and nephews on Christmas Day

6 The Auvergne

7 A pint of Guinness

Ches said...

What a fine list, Father! Thanks.
(Bond).

Fr. John Zuhlsdorf o{]:¬) said...

Watching a real craftsmen at work, even the waitress in the local Chinese Restaurant boning a fish/ handling something beautifully made- anything a lute, a vestment, an axe

Indeed... the Chinese fish!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...