Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Presents

The Temple Gallery have just published their Christmas catalogue, have a look and enjoy it, prices start at £580, the Russian art market is rising at the moment.

The problem I have, I am sure I need help with it, is if someone gives me something outrageously expensive, like this splendid icon of Our Lady, I am too embarrassed to speak to them ever again. She would look wonderful in our confessional, or Lady Chapel, or my sitting room!

Images of Christ and his saints are important in our lives buying something beautiful and expensive to put in one's home could be an idea. The alternative could be printing off a copy of one of these images and mounting them






3 comments:

Fr Ray Blake said...

Shhhh, Karen

gemoftheocean said...

Too late. :-D No sackcloth for you this year, buddy!

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

I'm at Maryvale with lovely pictures/icons everywhere!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...